Molten Spiced Chocolate Cabernet Cakes
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon Cabernet Sauvignon or other red wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Saigon or 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ginger, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cloves, Ground (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mccormickgourmet.com
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter 4 (6-ounce) custard cups or soufflé dishes. Place on baking sheet.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in wine, vanilla and confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in eggs and yolk. Stir in flour, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Pour batter evenly into prepared custard cups.
3. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully loosen edges with small knife. Invert cakes onto serving plates. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead: The chocolate mixture can be prepared up to 1 day ahead of time. Pour the batter into prepared custard cups; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.