Touchdown Herb & Lemon Cream Cheese Spread
I like to prepare this “Touchdown Herb and Lemon Cream Cheese Spread” the day before the big game and refrigerate overnight. Love to serve it on slices of cocktail bread. They are so adorable and somehow just feel more chic than a box of crackers! You can even have a little fun by garnishing with additional slices of radish, a sprig of dill, or a little lemon zest.
- 8ounces8 ounces original block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2stick1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4cup1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1large1 large garlic clove
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4cup1/4 cup radishes, finely chopped
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- Cocktail party rye slices
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 490mins
Adapted from blog.kitchenaid.com
In a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl using the flat beater attachment, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and yogurt until light.
On a small plate, mash together the garlic clove, salt, white pepper, lemon zest, and cayenne pepper with a fork.
Stir into the cream cheese mixture along with radishes, herbs and brandy; mix well.
Spoon the cheese mixture into small crocks and cover with plastic wrap.
Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
Let the cheese soften at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with slices of cocktail rye.