Portabella Mushroom Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup burgandy or other dry red wine
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium tamari
- 3 tbsp. vegan Worchestershire sauce
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry oregano
- 12 oz portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz brown rice fettuccine
- 2 cups brussel sprouts or broccoli, steamed
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded (and/or kale, shredded)
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from sneakyvegan.blogspot.ca
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in an airtight plastic bag for marinade. Add mushrooms and turn to coat thoroughly. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook pasta per packaging instructions. Wash brussel sprouts/broccoli, cut in half and steam until tender.
3. Heat a little water in a pan and using a slotted spoon, add mushrooms. Cook a few minutes until tender.
4. Add remaining marinade to pan along with cabbage/kale, if using. Cook until liquid is nearly all gone. Remove from heat, toss with pasta and steamed brussel sprouts/broccoli.