- 1-1/2 Pounds cubed stew meat
- 2-1/4 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 3-1/4 Cups beef broth/stock
- 3/4 tsp. Dried rosemary
- 3/4 tsp. Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1/2 can Diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 large potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 4 carrots cut into 1” pieces
- 3 stalks celery cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1/4 cup flour
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Put flour and beef cubes in plastic bag and shake until coated.
Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add beef cubes and and heat until browned, not cooked.
Add beef stock, rosemary, parsley, Worcestershire and red & black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
After 1 hour add all vegetables and Sherry and stir well. Bring back to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour more.
Serve with Crusty Bread or Biscuits