cookie - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutritional Information (per cookie 1/18th of recipe): Calories: 123, Total Fat: 9g (2g Saturated Fat), Sodium: 41mg, Potassium: 97mg, Total Carb: 10g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 2g
- 1/2 c. pure canned pumpkin, preferably organic (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c. unsalted almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 T. ground flaxseed meal + 2 T. water, mix let sit five minutes) or 1 large egg
- 1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 T. almond flour
- 2 T. coconut flour
- 1 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 c. chopped, raw walnuts
- 1/2 c. mini vegan chocolate chips
Adapted from mangiablog.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, almond butter, flax egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda, mixing until a cookie dough is formed.
Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
Use a small cookie scoop to distribute the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the cookies have spread slightly and are golden brown on the bottom.
Remove and allow to cool slightly before eating.