Quick Taco Salad
Easy Mexican Taco salad will become your go-to weekday recipe to please the whole family. Made with ground turkey and it is very tasty!
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cups yellow, red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup (4-ounces) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips, crumbled (about 12 chips)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from myrecipe.com
Cook turkey and bell pepper in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is browned, stir to crumble. Add salsa; bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro, keep warm.
Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates, top with 1 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with each serving with 1/2 cup tomato, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chips and 1 tablespoon onions.
I wasn't sure about adding the hot ground turkey mixture on top of lettuce, so I put mixture on plate first, then added the lettuce and then the toppings. Turned out great that way!