Curried Red Lentil Burgers and Mango Slaw
- Curried Red Lentil Burgers:
- 1cup1 cup dried red lentils
- 2cups2 cups water
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp1 tsp salt
- 11 onion, chopped
- 3cloves3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2tbsp2 tbsp olive oil
- 11 red bell pepper , diced
- 1tbsp1 tbsp ginger , peeled and grated
- 1tbsp1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2cups2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 3/4cup3/4 cup finely chopped toasted peanuts
- 1tbsp1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4cup1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Mango Slaw:
- 11 firm slightly underripe mango
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4cup1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1/4cup1/4 cup lime juice
- 2tbsp2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp salt
- 1tbsp1 tbsp olive oil
- 22 garlic cloves , minced
- 11 jalapeño , minced
- 1tbsp1 tbsp ginger, grated and peeled
Adapted from marcussamuelsson.com
Curried Red Lentil Burgers:
1. Put the lentils in a small pot with the water. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add in the turmeric and 1/2 tsp salt. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the lentils are very soft and the water has been absorbed, 10 to 20 minutes. If there is liquid left, drain the lentils.
2. While the lentils are cooking, cook the onions and garlic in the oil in a skillet on medium heat until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the bell peppers and continue to cook tor another 7 minutes. Add the ginger, curry powder, cinnamon and remaining salt. Cook for a minute more, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, stir together the rice, veggie mix, nuts, lemon juice, cilantro and lentils and mix well.
3. When the burger mixture is cool enough to handle, shape it into six patties and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
1. Peel the mango. Cut the peeled mango lengthwise into halves, slicing as close to the pit as possible. Slice off any flesh that remains attached to the pit. Cut the mango flesh into thin strips and place in a serving bowl. Add the cabbage and mint.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sugar and salt. In a small nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, warm the oil and cook the garlic, chiles and ginger until sizzling and fragrant, about a minute. Whisk into the lime juice mixture.
3. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss until well combined. Let sit for 20 minutes so that the flavors can meld.
You'll also love
- oatmeal - Almond Banana Breakfast... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemon Slice Flower Vase 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Avocado & Black Bean Tacos 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Taco Salad With Pinto Beans and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mango Chicken Tinga 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mango And Chickpea Brown Rice Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- SPICY EGYPTIAN LENTIL SOUP(GREEN... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)