oatmeal - Almond Banana Breakfast Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
Adapted from theveganchickpea.com
In a small pot over high heat, warm the almond milk. KEEP AN EYE ON IT. Once it begins to boil(it goes from boiling to bubbling over the pot in seconds), add in the oats, reduce heat to medium, and stir until oats are combined with almond milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon(I am a fiend when it comes to cinnamon and I cover the entire top of the oats & almond milk with it) and stir until combined. Check back ever couple of minutes and stir occasionally.
While the oats are cooking, slice up a banana into a bowl. Measure out a tablespoon of almond butter and place in bowl as well.
When the almond milk has significantly reduced(about 5 minutes), lower the heat to simmer. Stir and allow the oats to become your desired consistency(I like them when there is just a tiny amount of almond milk still visible).
Remove pot from heat and pour/spoon oats overtop of the banana and almond butter.
You'll also love
- Advocare Salmon in a Bag 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Soup with Escarole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Snapper Fillet with Coconut... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork: Cranberry Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe