Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
Easy to make Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies. Start with refrigerated sugar cookie dough and add carrots and spices. Frost with a can of cream cheese frosting.
- 3/4 cup grated carrots, about 2 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cream Cheese Icing
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir raisins into carrot mixture.
Tear cookie dough into pieces, and stir into carrot mixture until well combined.
Drop cookie dough mixture by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. Dough should make 24 cookies.
Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are crisp. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes or until completely cool.
Turn half of cookies over, bottom sides up. Spread each with 1 tablespoon chilled Cream Cheese Icing. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, and press gently to spread filling to edges of cookies.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.
To switch it up a bit, you could also add crushed pineapple to the icing centers. These cookies would also be good if you used cinnamon raisin cookie dough.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Truffles 4.5/5 (98 Votes)
- Grilled Citrus and Grape Sangria 4.5/5 (95 Votes)
- Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Pineapple Dream Cake 4.6/5 (93 Votes)
- Brickle Drop Cookies 4.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 4/5 (225 Votes)
- Classic Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (73 Votes)