Butterscotch Apple Pecan Cobbler
Butterscotch morsels are a happy surprise in this made-from-scratch apple cobbler. They add a sweet, gooey counterpoint to the fresh tart apples.
- Fruit filling:
- 1(12-ounce) package1 (12-ounce) package Nestle Toll House butterscotch-flavored morsels (2 cups)
- 1cup1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4cup1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2pounds2 1/2 pounds tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2cup1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4tablespoons4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1cup1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4cup3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, combine butterscotch morsels, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; set aside.
Place apples in a 13- by 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle morsel mixture over the apples. Bake 20 minutes.
Combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives till mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans and oats. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
Bake 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.