Favorite Turkey Brine
- 3 cups Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- 2 gallons Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Peppercorns
- 5 whole Bay Leaves
- Peel Of Three Large Orange
Adapted from pinterest.com
Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover.
Allow to cool completely, then pour into a large brining bag. A large picnic cooler is good to use. place ice around the bag being sure to keep turkey cold. If you have a large enough pot that will fit in your fridge that will work well too. Place uncooked turkey in brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
When ready to roast turkey, remove turkey from brine. Submerge turkey in a pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside.
Discard brine. Remove turkey from clean water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.
You'll also love
- Avocado & Hearts of Palm Chop Chop... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Basil Balsamic Jelly 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage with Potatoes and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Hot Dogs with Broccoli... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Empanadas 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Brine 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.8/5 (31 Votes)