Thai Coconut Chicken Simmer
Fragrant with coconut, ginger and shallots, this brightly flavoured curry is best served over jasmine rice or rice noodles. Fresh cilantro or basil leaves make a pretty garnish and add an extra layer of flavour. Serve with braised bok choy for the perfect simple Thai supper.
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
Adapted from canadianliving.com
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add shallots, ginger, curry paste and garlic to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and chicken; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, turning once, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 15 minutes.