Fresh Cranberry Cake With Orange-Cranberry Topping
- 1 to 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2-1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-cup pecans, chopped
- 2 T. orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-cup buttermilk
- 3 T. orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
Adapted from magnoliacollectionrecipes.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Bundt pan with Baker’s Joy or grease the pan and flour it. (Flouring is essential)
Use a food processor or blender to chop the cranberries; then measure for 1¼ cups of the chopped cranberries and set aside.
Measure the flour and sift it; then re-measure the flour by lightly spooning into cups. In a large bowl, re-sift the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the chopped pecans, chopped cranberries, and orange juice.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs; then beat in the oil and buttermilk. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture and blend thoroughly.
Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the cake tests done. Remove the Bundt pan from the oven to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before turning the cake out of the pan. Allow the cake to continue to cool for at least another 15 minutes; then invert the Bundt-shaped cake onto a cake plate. (The inversion is not essential; I just like the presentation.)
To Make Topping:
In a non-stick skillet, mix all ingredients; then simmer and stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour the orange and cranberry mixture over the top of the cake. The cake should be cold before cutting.
To keep the cake, either refrigerate or freeze after wrapping in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil.
You'll also love
- Chicken Salad With Pistachios and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Moroccan Apricot Olive Chicken 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Raspberry Crumble 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Creme Fraiche,... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Vanilla Pancakes with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pain d’Épices à l’orange:... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- CREAMY PUMPKIN PIE WITH CRANBERRY... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fennel, Orange & Star Anise Vinegar 4.4/5 (7 Votes)