Sweet Potato Salad
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (or enough to make 4 cups, cubed)
- Coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbs spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbs italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Scrub the skin of the sweet potatoes, towel dry and rub with a little oil and roast in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until fork tender.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes. Add potatoes to a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients comfortably.
3. Add onions, bell pepper, relish, mustard, salad dressing, sour cream, celery seeds, cayenne and salt to potatoes. Combine thoroughly, but gently. Chill before serving.