Slice of Heaven Spice Cake
This spice cake packs a lot into one slice! Apple pie filling and apple butter make for a delectable and unique spiced dessert.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (21-ounce) can LUCKY LEAF® Premium Apple Pie Filling
- 1/3 cup apple butter plus 4 tablespoons, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from luckyleaf.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Reference cake mix box for appropriate pan size. Grease and flour pans.
Combine dry cake mix with can of apple pie filling, 1/3 cup apple butter, and eggs (do not add oil or water). Stir well.
Bake for the amount of time directed on box of cake mix. Cool cake.
Beat the cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually add confectioners sugar and 4 Tablespoons of apple butter until smooth. Spread icing on cooled cake. Refrigerate.
You'll also love
- Turkey Squash Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Albert's Green Chile Hummus 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Double Chocolate Walnut Orange... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Rum Raison Tapioca Pudding 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegan Adonis Cake 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Chocolate Cake with Divinity Icing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Autumn Spice Cake with Cream... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)