Sweet Potato Soup with Creamed Spinach
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion – diced
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic – chopped
- 2 carrots – diced
- 9 oz. package frozen creamed spinach
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley – chopped
- 2 green tomatoes – diced
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour Cream
- Sweet Chili Relish
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 375 degrees:
Bake the sweet potatoes with the skin on until soft. About 45-50 minutes.
When the potatoes are cooled scoop the meat out from the skins.
Heat a large soup pot with the olive oil.
Add the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, frozen creamed spinach, parsley and tomatoes. Cook down on low heat for a few minutes.
Add the chicken broth and the seasonings and cook; semi covered, for about 30 -35 minutes.
A few minutes before serving stir in the milk.
Top each soup with a teaspoon of sour cream and the sweet chili relish.
You'll also love
- Salsa Skillet Pork Chops 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Bowties with Spinach and Barley 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Financiers aux fraises: Strawberry... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Confit 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Scalloped Potato... 3.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Baked Herbed Chicken with Spinach,... 3.7/5 (71 Votes)
- Sweet potato jalapeno soup 3.7/5 (21 Votes)