Three Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 4 lb baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 3/4 c. grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 3 bay leaves
Preparation time 50mins
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook, removing when not quite render. Drain and set aside until potatoes are cool enough to handle.
In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool.
Line a large baking sheet with foil. Generously butter a 13x9 baking dish and place it on the lined baking sheet. Add gruyere, cheddar, parmesan, thyme, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper to onion mixture and combine well.
Peel and slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick. Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in baking dish, overlapping where necessary. Sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat layering, ending with cheese. Pour cream over all potatoes and press bay leaves on top.
Bake at 350 degrees until cream is mostly absorbed and top is golden brown. About 1 hour and 15 min. Remove bay leaves and let cool for 10 minutes until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Four Cheese Baked Ziti 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shot... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Quinoa Salad With Pears, Baby... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Healthy Shrimp.... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Quick Shrimp Chowder 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Scalloped Corn Recipe 4.5/5 (43 Votes)