Pistachio & Cherry Mexican Wedding Cookies
Pistachio & Cherry Mexican Wedding Cookies are a deliciously sweet and nutty treat that is perfect for any occasion!
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus more for coating
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup dried tart cherries or dried cranberries
- 3 1/3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from whatscookingamerica.net
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter three large baking sheets.
Using electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and salt; then stir in pistachios and cherries. Using a spatula, stir in the cake flour and all-purpose flour (do not over-mix the dough).
Shape dough by generous tablespoonfuls into football-shaped ovals. Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart.
Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until bottoms just begin to color, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheets 10 minutes before coating.
Pour generous amount of powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Working with 5 or 6 warm cookies at a time, add cookies to bowl of sugar; gently turn to coat thickly. As you coat each cookie, transfer coated cookies to sheets of waxed paper. Repeat the process and coat each cookie again with sugar; cool completely.
Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Apple Enchiladas 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Pecan & Orange Stuffed French Toast 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Ruth Chris Copycat Spiked Coffee 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Candy Corn and Pretzel Bark 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Pound Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Skillet Raspberry Crumb Bars... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Layer Bars 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Coffee Cake 4.2/5 (20 Votes)