Ruby Red Florida Grapefruit Margarita
This refreshing and delightful Ruby Red Florida Grapefruit Margarita recipe is perfect for summers, brunches, or anytime you need a cocktail that's heavy on the citrus.
- 5 ruby red grapefruits
- kosher salt or any other coarse salt
- 7 ounces tequila
- 1/3 cup vodka or ruby red vodka
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (see how to make in directions below)
- 6 to 8 ice cubes
- 8 to 10 slices fresh grapefruit
Use 1 to 2 wedges of grapefruit to rub the rims of 8 glasses. Dip the rims into the salt to coat each glass and then set aside.
Juice the remaining grapefruit, to yield 2 cups.
Place the grapefruit juice, tequila, vodka, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the glasses and garnish with the grapefruit slices.
To make simple syrup: Combine 2 cups sugar with 2 cups water. Bring to a quick boil. Let cool, then store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
You'll also love
- Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Pie 4.5/5 (119 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Crustless Pie (or... 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Nut Tarts 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pear Tarte Tatin with Red-Wine... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Walnut Cranberry Pie 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Furr's Cafeteria "Pineapple... 4/5 (158 Votes)
- Banana Bars with Cinnamon Frosting 4.3/5 (25 Votes)