Company's Coming Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese , cubed (chevre)
- 2 ounces cream cheese , cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter , cubed
- 2 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper , diced
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced (if they are large use 2 1/2)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , grated, divided (not the canned type)
Adapted from food.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and greased a baking dish.
Peel the film at the corner of the Simply Potatoes package to vent and heat on high for 3 minutes in the microwave. Carefully remove the film (be careful not to burn yourself with steam) and stir. Microwave on high for 1 more minute.
In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, goat cheese, cream cheese, and butter. Stir together until well-blended.
Carefully stir in the crumbled bacon, bell pepper, green onions, and pepper. Taste at this point and see if you want to add the salt. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cheddar and parmesan cheese until well combined.
Transfer to a prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/companys-coming-mashed-potatoes-474520#ixzz1sOPGzGEK