Slow-Cooked Beef and Barley Soup WW
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boned round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen mixed vegetables
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, seal bag, and shake to coat steak.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steak, cook until browned on all sides.
Place steak, 1 cup water and remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on high setting for 4 hours or on high setting for 1 hour and then low heat setting for 8 hours or until steak is tender.