Blue Cheese-Onion Steak Bites
Blue cheese, beef steak tenderloin, and sautéed onions come together in these bite-sized savory treats that are sure to be a hit at your next soirée.
- 3large3 large onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 12cloves12 cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons butter
- 4(6-ounce)4 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1(10.5-ounce)1 (10.5-ounce) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4ounces4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1cup1 cup blue cheese, crumbled, about 4 ounces
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet, sauté onions and garlic in butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, 170°F for well-done). Cut into thin slices.
Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, make the spread. Place cream cheese, blue cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread each bread slice with 1 teaspoon cheese mixture; top with steak and onions.
You'll also love
- Apricot Rolls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Livers, Southern Fried 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- CHEDDAR ARTICHOKE QUICHE CUPS 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Zaalouk (Moroccan Eggplant Salad) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Thai Beef-Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Champagne Risotto - Giada De... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bread Machine Whole Wheat... 3.6/5 (7 Votes)