Glazed Ham and Pineapple Kebabs
Pineapple in marinades works to tenderize the succulent ham and complement its sweetness, while ginger adds peppery brightness.
- 1 (8 ounce) can cubed pineapple in juice, 1/4 cup juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons light sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 pounds cubed ham or ham steak
Adapted from sheknows.com
In a 9 x 9-inch glass casserole dish, add 1/4 cup of the canned pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Whisk to combine until sugar is dissolved.
Add in pineapple chunks and ham. Marinate for at least 1 hour but up to overnight.
Soak six skewers for at least an hour to prevent burning.
Skewer ham and pineapple onto soaked bamboo skewers.
Grill on medium-high heat until slightly charred and browned.
You'll also love
- Red Cabbage, Bavarian Style 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Potatoes with Onions & Beef Broth 4/5 (46 Votes)
- Qdoba Lime Cilantro Rice 4/5 (61 Votes)
- Heavenly Banana Pudding 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Blue Ribbon Apple Pie 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple Baked Alaska 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwich 4.5/5 (10 Votes)