Halloween Goody Bars
Halloween goodie bars are quick and easy to make, and will be a party favorite! You can switch up the candies -- use peanut butter candy-coated candies that come in Halloween colors.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup orange and brown candy-coated chocolate candies
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and 1 cup butter with spoon. Stir in pecans. Remove 1 cup; set aside for topping. Press remaining mixture into pan.
In 2-quart saucepan, cook condensed milk, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over crust. Sprinkle with candies and reserved oat mixture; press into chocolate mixture.
Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until set.. Cool completely, about 2 1/2 hours. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.