Patrice's Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium-sized egg noodles
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
- 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Cook ground meat in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until the meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in the diced tomatoes with basil and the next five ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain. Stir together hot noodles, onion, sour cream, and cream cheese until well blended.
Spoon noodle mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with beef mixture, sprinkle with shredded cheeses as listed in recipe.
Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, uncover, and bake for 5 minutes more. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.