Chicken, Grape and Curry Salad
This is a great salad to try even if you're not accustomed to curry. Best served on a bed of lettuce. You can substitute almonds for the macadamia nuts.
- 4 cups chicken breasts (cooked or diced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 cups seedless grapes (cut in half)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup water chestnut (sliced)
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut
In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery grapes, water chestnuts, pineapple and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
Mix Mayonnaise, curry powder, soy and lemon juice and stir into vegtables. Chill
Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with coconut and reserved macadamia nuts.