BBQ Bacon Stuffed Meatloaf
Zesty Western-Style meat loaf comes together in very little time, making it perfect for a weeknight.
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- 3 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp smoly barbecue rub, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 tsp each; salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Thinly slice mushrooms. Heat oil in 12in skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside 1 tbsp of the crumbled bacon. Add remaining bacon to mushrooms; mix well.
2. Meanwhile, cut bread into cubes. In stainless Mixing Bowl, combine bread, milk, onion, parsley, egg yolk, 2 tbsp of the rub, pressed garlic, salt and black pepper; mix well. Add beef to the bread mixture; mix. Place two-thirds of the meat mixture in Deep covered baker; form into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in loaf. Gently press down center of the load to create a well. Top with the bacon mixture and an additional 1/2 cup of the cheese. Place remaining meat mixture over the filling; press to seal.
3. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-17 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 Degrees F in the center. Carefully remove baker from the microwave using oven mitts. Meanwhile, combine ketchup and remaining rub; stir. Brush ketchup mixture over meat loaf. Microwave, covered , on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F in the center. Sprinkle remaining cheese and reserved bacon over the top of meat loaf; let stand, covered, 10 minutes before slicing.
Conventional oven: preheat to 400 degrees F. Prepare as directed. Bake , covered, 30-35 mins or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Brush meatloaf with ketchup mixture. Bake, covered, an additional 5-7 mins or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Calories: 500, Total Fat: 34g, Cholesterol: 150mg, Carbohydrate: 13g, Protein: 34g, Fiber: 1g