chipotle pork loin with black bean salad
- Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 1hr 15m
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper (such as jalapeño or serrano), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
1.Heat oven to 375° F. In a small bowl, combine the chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and 1 teaspoon salt.
2.Place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with the spice mixture. Roast until the internal temperature of the pork registers 145° F, 40 to 50 minutes. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
3.Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the beans, avocado, cilantro, scallions, chili pepper, lime juice, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and ½ teaspoon salt. Let stand while the pork roasts.
4.Serve the pork with the bean salad and lime wedges.
By Charlyne Mattox, April 2011
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Sticky Buns 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Wraps with Strawberry Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs (or Smokies) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek-Seasoned Grilled Pork Chops... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Chickpeas and Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Loin with White Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)