Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Mozzarella and Basil
- 1/2 LB Fresh Mozzarella, diced small
- 3 Tbl EVOO
- 1/3 Fresh Basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest, freshly grated
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Pt Cherry Tomatoes, rinsed and with stems removed
In a medium-sized bowl, mix cheese, oil, basil, lemon zest, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, but no more than 4 hours.
Slide each tomato in half and scoop insides out using a melonballer or a rounded measuring teaspoon. Sprinkle tomatoes lightly with remaining kosher salt. Invert tomaotes on a paper towel and let drain for about 15 minutes.
Fill each tomato half with a teaspoon of the cheese mixture and arrange on serving tray. Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)