Soup - Acorn Squash, Carrot & Apple
Need a reboot? Try this scrumptious Acorn Squash, Carrot & Apple soup and you'll be up and at 'em in no time at all. Enjoy!
- 2 acorn squash
- 4 apples (peeled & sliced, Honey-crisp used here)
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced into round slivers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 32 ounces chicken broth (or sub vegetable broth)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 11 ounces coconut water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
Adapted from noshandnourish.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Place face down in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, with 1 inch of water in the dish. Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is soft. Set aside to cool, Remove skin.
Saute the onion, garlic, and sliced carrots in the olive oil in a large stock pan for about 5 minutes. Add in sliced apples, chicken broth, and coconut water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add in squash, chopped sage, ginger, and salt and pepper. Puree in a blender in batches or with an immersion stick blender.
You'll also love
- Beer-Battered Baja-Style... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cherry Pie a la Mode 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sopa de Fubà (Collard Greens,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beet, Pumpkin Seed & Feta Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Panqueques de Banana 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Asian Tuna Ceviche 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Pie Pork Chops 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Super Fast Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)