Chocolate Halloween Peep Cupcakes
Oh so easy, and oh so cute! These Halloween cupcakes are decorated with the Ghost Peeps you can find in the store during this season.
- CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup semisweet dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk (1/2 cup milk plus 1/2 teaspoon vinegar; Let stand for 10 minutes to curdle)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ghost Peeps
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour boiling water over chocolate. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a stand mixer, beat butter until whipped and creamy. Add sugar, beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Finally, add melted chocolate.
In a large bowl sift together flour and baking soda. Alternate between the dry ingredients and the sour milk, until a light and well combined batter forms. Turn into a tray of lined cupcake tins.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar until thick and creamy. Spread over each cupcake, once completely cooled and top with Ghost Peeps immediately before the frosting sets.
You'll also love
- Hemingway Martini 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Yum Yum 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy Easter Hard Boiled Eggs 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Slow-Cooker Beef Stew 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- No-Bake Muddy Buddies®... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Cupcakes 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Ghost in the Graveyard 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Monster Bark 4.5/5 (24 Votes)