Smoked Paprika-Garlic Chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) smoked Spanish paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic paste
- 1 small (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 8 large scallions, trimmed
- 1 package(s) yellow rice mix
- 1 cup(s) frozen green peas
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 58mins
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with foil. Combine paprika, vinegar, honey, and garlic paste; brush over chicken pieces, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Arrange chicken in prepared pan. Roast 30 minutes; turn chicken pieces over. Add scallions to pan. Continue to roast 15 to 20 minutes, turning pieces if necessary, until chicken is browned and cooked through.
While chicken cooks, prepare yellow rice according to package directions, stirring in frozen peas 5 minutes before rice is cooked. To serve, spoon rice onto plates. Top with chicken and scallions.