Mac & Cheese in the Crock Pot
An easy, cheesy with a crunchy crust mac & cheese in the crockpot recipe the whole family will love!
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pre shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 250mins
Spray the pot of the slow cooker or if using a liner bag, spray the bag well. In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, evaporated milk, egg, salt and pepper. Pour milk mixture into the crockpot. Add cheese and uncooked macaroni. Stir gently to mix.
Turn slow cooker on low and cook 3 to 4 hours, or until the cheese is set and the macaroni is tender. (Do not cook more than 4 hours, or the sides will begin to dry out). Serve at once.
Tips: between the 3 to 4 hour mark on low, the edges start to get that crispy, cheesy edge. Kids love that part, but if yours don't you'll want to make this when you know you can cut it to warm or serve it at about the three hour mark.
You'll also love
- Easter Brunch Punch 4.5/5 (241 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (252 Votes)
- General Tso's Chinese Chicken 4.4/5 (286 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (238 Votes)
- 30-Minute Shepherd's Pie 4.5/5 (229 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Awesome Pasta Salad! 4.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Lasagna 4.4/5 (144 Votes)