Zucchini Potato Fritters
Used carrots for color, hence you don't really get their taste. But you taste the zucchini and the meaty potatoes along with aromatic thyme which gives it a burst of flavor. Its crispy on the outside , soft and meaty on the inside.
- 12 Oz/340 grams/2 small-medium Zucchini, see Tips
- 1/4 cup grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup (abt 1 small potato) boiled and mashed Potato
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Adapted from chefinyou.com
Grate the Zucchini. Use the large hole.
Place it in a colander and 1 tsp Salt to it. Toss to combine and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
Squeeze the water out of zucchini. You can use your hands or use a cheesecloth like I have done for my Zucchini Falafels.
Add them along with thyme, potatoes and carrots in a bowl. You can at this point do a taste test to see if you want more salt. Season accordingly.
In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder until combined.
Add it to the vegetable mixture. Mix until well combined. Make small (lime sized) balls.
Form into patties. Repeat for rest of them. At this point you can also refrigerate these in the fridge (for about 20-30 min) which will help to hold them up well while frying. It also helps to avoid oil retention. Its not strictly necessary to do this.
Add 1-2 tbsp of oil to your Cast iron pan (or as desired to coat the bottom of a non stick skillet. Note that regular non stick will require less amount of oil) . When hot, add the patties.
Cook them until golden-reddish brown on both the sides. Takes around 5-6 minutes each side.
Serve hot with ketchup / Chilli sauce/ Yogurt or sour cream
1. Zucchini: It should yield 2 cups tightly packed grated Zucchini
You'll also love
- Crockpot bbq pork ribs 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Cupcakes, Strawberry 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Roasted Eggplant Dip 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse™ Potato Soup... 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Zucchini & Potato Pancakes 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pumpkin Smoothie 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini and... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)