No Fried Ice Cream Balls
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 1/2 cups oven-toasted corn cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 9mins
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. With a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, form eight ice cream balls, each about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet then place in the freezer for about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat another large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and spread on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to a shallow dish and allow to cool completely.
4. Line another rimmed baking sheet with clean waxed paper. Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll in cereal mixture, coating on all sides.
5. Place on baking sheet and freeze 2 to 3 hours, or until ice cream is firm; serve immediately, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.