- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion (about 1 1/2 cups), chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces (1 cup) tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 cups vegetable stock, no salt added
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, (18/19 count per pound)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Saute the onions in a large pan set over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and celery, cook another two minutes, then add the peppers, spices and tomato paste to the pan, stirring as the mixture cooks another two minutes.
Slowly add the tomato sauce and stock to the saucepan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer for two minutes.
Serve over brown rice (nutrition info included).
Serves 4 (1 1/4 cups of shrimp Creole and 1/2 cup rice)