Quick Taco Salad
- 12 ounces ground round
- 2 cups chopped yellow, red, or green bell pepper
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled baked tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Cook beef and bell pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned; stir to crumble. Add salsa; bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro; keep warm.
Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates; top with 1 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 cup tomato, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chips, and 1 tablespoon onions.