- 1/2 1/2 1/2 pound whole-wheat ziti
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 2 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 2 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes in a thick puree
- 2 2 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Coat a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2. Cook the ziti according to the package directions. Place in a large bowl.
3. Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for five minutes or until browned on all sides. Place the cooked chicken in a bowl.
4. Spray the skillet again and cook the onion and sundried tomatoes for 5 minutes until soft. During the last minute, add in the garlic. Add the vinegar and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to loosen any bits that may be sticking to the pan. Stir in the canned tomatoes (including puree), Italian seasoning, and chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add to the bowl with the ziti and toss.
5. Place half of the ziti mixture in the baking dish and top with a half-cup of cheese. Add the remaining ziti, top with the remaining cheese, and bake for 25 minutes.