Chicken Fried Steak
- 4 , 8 oz. pieces beef; cut to 1/2 inch think
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 eggs beaten, with 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper for dredging
- 3 tbls. flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Cooking time 30mins
1. Pound each piece of meat to 1/4 inch thick.
2. Heat 1/8 inch of oil in a skillet until hot, but not smoking.
3. Dip each piece of meat in egg, then dredge with seasoned flour, then in dip in egg again.
4. Carefully slip meat into hot oil and leave plenty of room between pieces so meat with brown on edges.
5. Turn meat over after 1 minute. Then turn down heat to medium and cover.
6. Cook 7-8 minutes, uncover and cook 5 more minutes, turning once more.
7. Remove the meat and keep warm
1. Leave 3 tbls of oil and sprinkle in 3 tbsp. of flour and stir.
2. Slowly add milk while whisking constantly until gravy is thick.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.