Pasta with fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 to 3/4 Ib. total)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6-8 oz. uncooked linguini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large heavy skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive or canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear until well browned on both sides and cooked to an internal temperature of 170°F, about 5 minutes per side.
In second skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil, simmer the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, basil, sugar, salt and pepper over low heat, stirring constantly until sauce is cooked.
Add lemon juice until heated. Toss cooked chicken into
the sauce. Keep warm.
Cook linguini according to package directions. Spoon sauce over hot linguini and sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate any leftovers.
You'll also love
- Cajun Fried Turkey 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Pie on Puff Pastry Shell 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Paula Dean's Scalloped Potatoes 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Barefoot Contessa's Shrimp Scampi... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Velveeta Cheesy Italian Pasta Bake 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)