Paleo Cranberry Apple Pear Crisp
This Paleo Cranberry Apple Pear Crisp is great for the holidays or any chilly day of the year. Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cups Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 6 tablespoon grass-fed butter, or ghee
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia (omit if you want a more tart taste)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, or ghee melted
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from thewholekitchen.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large skillet, melt six tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add cranberries, apples, and pears to the pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the fruit and add the stevia. Cook the fruit for 10 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and the fruit is soft and tender. Remove the skillet from the heat.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add the dates and two tablespoons of water. Microwave the dates for 30 seconds on high to soften. With the back of a fork, mash the dates to a paste. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla into the date paste. Add in the shredded coconut flakes and combine just enough to form a crumble.
Grease four separate tart dishes that are 4-inches in diameter. Divide the fruit filling among the dishes and top with the crumble.
Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until crispy and golden on top.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)