Turkey Pot Pie
- 10 inch double crust pie
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line bottom of pie pan with crust. In a skillet saute the chopped onion until slightly soft and set aside.
2. Mix together the turkey or chicken, mixed vegetables, onion, soup and milk. Pour into pie crust, cover with top crust and crimp edges.
3. Slit holes in top crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
If you want to freeze it, make it as described above, but don't bake it. Instead, before putting in the first pie crust (on the bottom) put plastic wrap down and when finished, put it in the freezer for an hour. This will form it to the pie tin you are going to cook it in. After an hour, remove it from the pie plate and wrap in tinfoil and then put it in a freezer bag.
Then when you want the pot pie, thaw in the fridge for about 8 hours, and then it is ready for the oven!!