Lemon Yogurt Cake
- For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt (I used fat free and it worked fine.)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
3. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
4. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
5. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. 6. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all incorporated. 7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
9. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan.
10. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
11. For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)