Chicken Fried Skirt Steak with Country Gravy
Skirt steak takes this classic dish up a notch, serve with mashed parsnip/potato and sauteed spinach
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs skirt steak cut into 4" long pieces
- 1 cup beef broth (divided)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 fully cooked pork breakfast sausage patty, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- pinch of ground clove
- 1/2 cup green onion tops
- 2 tbsp butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Pour 1/2 cup broth into shallow bowl, place flour in another shallow bowl (season flour with salt and pepper).
Dip steak pieces in flour then into the broth and the again in flour
Place prepared steak on wax paper.
Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over high heat, add steak (2 batches if necessary) and saute until nicely browned about 3-4 minutes per side. plave on tented plate.
Pour off butter from skillet add 1 tsp four from the shallow bowl. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup broth, sausage, cream, sage and cloves. Boil gravy until thick enough to cover spoon, whisking (silicone whisk) often about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, mix in green onion tops. Serve gravy over steaks.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Biscuits 3.9/5 (371 Votes)
- Chicken Paprika in Sour Cream... 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings Pot Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pollo al Carciofi (Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach from Lawry's Prime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Sausage, Asparagus and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chars Chicken Fried Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)