Bacon Lettuce Tomato BLT Soup - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, Hollywood Studios Disney
- Homemade Tomato Basil Soup:
- 1 8-ounce can Tomato Basil Soup
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 ounces shredded lettuce
- 3 slices white bread (toasted and cut in 1/2)
- 4 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 5 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
Adapted from talkdisney.com
Cook soup according to directions on can.
After soup is cooked, ladle into a bowl.
Place a half slice of toast on top of soup.
Add 1 ounce of shredded lettuce on top of toast.
Add 1 ounce of chopped bacon on top of lettuce.
Homemade Tomato Basil Soup:
In a Dutch oven, cook carrots and onion in butter over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
In a blender, place 1/2 broth and the cooled vegetables; cover and process until blended.
Return to the Dutch oven.
Stir in the tomato puree, basil sugar, salt, pepper and remaining broth.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Gradually stir in evaporated milk; heat through (do not boil).
You'll also love
- LOADED GARLIC CREAMY MASHED... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken or turkey basting sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Roast (Slow Cooker) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Walnut Bread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes for a Party 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- CAJUN PORK ROAST 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Black-Bean and Tomato Quinoa 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon, Arugula and Goat... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)