Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers
Are you obsessed with jalapeno poppers? Make the jalapeno poppers of your dreams with this amazing recipe. You can't go wrong with serving jalapeno peppers at your next gathering!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon bacon bits
- 6 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded & halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 cups of oil for frying
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls.
Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each (this is what holds the breadcrumbs on). Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs.
Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
Recipe calls for a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365°F ( 180 degrees C - make sure it's HOT - I prefer an actual deep fryer to be sure jalapenos cook)
Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown and jalapenos themselves are done.
Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
You'll also love
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.3/5 (124 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheeseburger... 4.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Dip 4.5/5 (102 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.3/5 (82 Votes)
- Batter Fried Mushrooms 4.1/5 (98 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Pretzel... 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
Review this recipe