Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
- 3 small potatoes (or use instant potato mix)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-4 T milk
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T cooking oil
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can tomatoes, drained
- 1 10 oz. pkg frozen whole corn or mixed vegetables
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare mashed potatoes.
In small pan, cook garlic and basil in butter for 15 seconds. Add to mashed potatoes with salt. Beat in milk to make light and fluffy. Set aside.
In medium saucepan, cook onion and carrot in oil until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, vegetables, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and sugar. Heat until bubbly.
Transfer vegetable mix to 8 x 8 square baking pan. Drop mashed potatoes in four mounds over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, in 375 oven for 25-30 minutes.