Italian Brunch Torte
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained, sliced and patted dry
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 110mins
Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Separate one tube crescent dough into eight triangles; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until set.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook spinach and mushrooms in oil until spinach is wilted. Place between two paper towels and blot to remove excess liquid. In a large bowl, whisk six eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper.
Layer prepared crust with half of the ham, salami, provolone cheese, red peppers, spinach mixture and egg mixture. Repeat layers.
Separate remaining crescent dough; press triangles together to form a top crust. Place over casserole. Whisk remaining egg; brush over dough.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Let stand for 20 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.