Slow Roasted Salmon with Potatoes
- 3 bunches leeks, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3 lbs fresh, skin-on, center-cut wild salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1 shallot
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the leeks in a roasting pan with 1/3 cup olive oil; season with salt. Roast until slightly golden, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the salmon in another shallow pan and rub with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside to come to room temperature.
When the leeks are done, reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees F. Season the salmon with salt, place over the leeks and brush with the oil in the pan. Roast until firm, 30 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
Pulse the shallot in a food processor until minced. Add the butter, chives, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice, and salt to taste and pulse until combined.
Remove the salmon from the oven and top with half of the herb butter; top the potatoes with the rest. Slice the salmon, season with salt and serve with the leeks and potatoes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)