Hearty Greek Pasta
- 1 lb chicken (cut into long strips)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 8.5oz jar sun dried tomatoes (packed in water, drained and julienned) Peg's packed in oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 8.5 oz can artichoke hearts in water (drained and quartered) Peg's in oil
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (Peg adds 1/2 cup) continue adding till mixture is thin
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (then to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (then to taste)
Brown chicken in oil.
Add tomatoes and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes
Add basil, artichokes, and feta cheese and saute 1 minute.
Stir in cream and cover pan (simmer just while pasta cooking ~ 2 minutes)
Cook pasta and toss with sauce.
Add oregano, salt, and pepper.
Once in pasta bowl sprinkle oregano on top with fresh pepper.
For presentation mix pasta and 3/4 sauce together in pan and then pour into pasta bowl.
Cover with remaining 1/4 sauce and sprinkle pepper and oregano on top.
(Peg puts in extra tomatoes and artichokes.)